The scientific term for yeast is Candida. Yeast is a fungus that can live almost anywhere including in your body. Yeast is usually kept under control by your immune system. It can multiply and cause an infection if you are sick or on antibiotics.
Different parts of the body can be affected by yeast in different ways:
- Yeast infections of the skin can cause rashes and itchiness
- Women can get vaginal yeast infections causing itchiness, pain and discharge
- Thrush is a yeast infection that causes white patches in your mouth
- Candida esophagus is thrush that spreads to your esophagus which can make it painful or hard to swallow
- Yeast infections in your bloodstream can be life-threatening
Our well-trained providers at Your Doc’s In are available on a walk-in basis and without an appointment to meet your health care needs. Services are available at all our clinics by our friendly, personable and capable staff.
We are open seven days a week with extended hours in some of our clinics. Care is provided for infants all the way through adults. And most insurance plans are accepted. Whether you are visiting the Ocean City area or a resident on the Delmarva Peninsula, take advantage of the services offered at Your Doc’s In. Your Doc’s In, “for Life’s Little Emergencies”. Proudly serving the community on the Eastern Shore since 2005.